The official OxygenOS Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 3 is now available for users. Recently the company released the Android Nougat update for OnePlus 3. OxygenOS Open Beta 12 update is packed with Battery Optimization, Design, UI, and fixes many issues. When the update is ready to download and install, you will receive OTA (over the air) update for your device. This is an Incremental update which rolls out in phase wise manner.
As this is not Over-the -air update, so you will have to download the ZIP file from OnePlus and flash it. As this is in Beta version, there may be some bugs. OnePlus said that there might be wonky functionality or many not work correctly. Also, there may be some performance issues.
- Upgraded to Android 7.1.1
- New Shot on OnePlus wallpaper option
- Gallery Improvements
- New photo editor with watermark and photo straightening options
- Newly added media will be highlighted in Photos section
- Image location will be displayed on grid view
- Media can be grouped by month and year
- Folders and individual media can be hidden
- General bug fixes
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3 users.
- OnePlusExclusive.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
[button color=”blue” size=”medium” link=”http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3/oneplus_3_oxygenos_openbeta_12/” target=”blank” ]Download Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 3[/button]
How to Install OxygenOS Open Beta 12 ROM For OnePlus 3
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings –> Developer options –> Enable USB Debugging. (To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.)
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOS Open Beta 12.Zip file
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOS Open Beta 12 files to folder where adb installed.
- Restart the OnePlus 3 into recovery mode. (To do that First turn your phone off, Now press and hold volume down + power button until you see the stock recovery.)
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal.
- For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
- For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>”
- Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOS Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 3 in the comment section below.